12 October 2013

The House - TB 16 (BMWTD #8)

Today I went to TB 16. There are a lot of these 'TB' buildings, so I went and looked up what it meant. Apparently, TB means 'Temporary Building, but from the looks of it, TB 16 is not that temporary.


TB 16 is also known as 'The House'. I don't know why they went with such a generic name, but maybe they wanted the place to feel like home.


The House is the home of a confidential student-run peer counseling center that offers free services to UC Davis students.


I came to the building from a back road, so I got to see everything that was behind the building...


...including a chicken pen. Apparently next door to the house, a group of students are trying to promote sustainability and are raising chickens. I'll probably learn more about the chickens when I visit a different building.


The House provides a drop-in center where you can just 'drop in' and get help.


Unfortunately, the drop in center was under construction, so I don't know how students are currently dropping in.


Anyway, I took a picture, but I have a kind of derp face on. I was probably in a rush.





No comments:

Post a Comment